Sunday, June 21, 2015

An Interview with Sophie



First question: How did you get your name?

My first name is Sophia (but everyone calls me Sophie for short) and my middle name is Grace. When my family visited me for the first time, I was living with a nice lady who named me Grace. She had to sell me because she had a Pomeranian that was bullying me. She was heartbroken to see me leave, but my new family made my middle name Grace, because that was my original name. Here's how I got the name Sophia: When my human mommy got pregnant with her third child, she planned on naming it Sophia if it was a girl. The child turned out to be a boy, so when my family adopted me they named me Sophia instead. So yeah, I got the special name of honor. :)


When is your birthday and how old are you?

My birthday is February 1st, 2009 and I'm 6 years old.


How old were you when you got adopted?

I was only 4 months old when I was adopted.


Now, Sophie, why do you sleep all of the time?

Goodness, everyone asks me that! I don't know. My family is still trying to figure out why I'm so sleepy 24/7. But I'm honestly proud to show off my laziness.


In some of the photos of you on your blog and on Instagram, some people may have noticed that your left eye looks a little funny... what's that all about?

Well, my family went on a short weekend vacation in 2010. While they were gone, they left me in the care of our neighbor, who had a shih poo named Max. We got along well together, but the day after my family got back from vacation, my eye started looking irritated. Soon I was shivering with chills and a fever and I refused to eat anything. My family thinks that when Max and I were playing one day while they were gone, Max might've scratched my eye by accident. So they took me to the vet right away and the vet said I had a cordial ulcer in my eye. I ended up staying at the vet for a week. I had to have surgery done to help it heal, but my eye will always look irritated.


Last question: If you could invent anything, what would it be and why?

Well that's an interesting question to ask a dog... But if I could invent something, it would be a special dog house with a super cushy bed, and thousands of plush squeaky toys, and treats... Oh, and it would be nice if it was collapsible, too. It could be folded up into a backpack so my mommy could carry me everywhere! Ah, that would be nice... I know it sounds a little elaborate, but I sleep all day so I dream a lot, okay?
~ Sophie <3
______________________________________________________________

Follow us on Instagram ~ https://instagram.com/sophie.and.sadie/









No comments:

Post a Comment